Here’s an easy and yummy dinner dish idea. It’s called DORITOS® casserole.
Prep time plus cook time: 40 minutes.
Serves 6 people easily
- 4 chicken breasts,
- 1 family-size can of Cream of Chicken soup,
- 2 medium-size containers of sour cream,
- 4 cups of sheared cheese
- 1-1/2 bag of Nacho Cheese DORITOS® (at least, I prefer the Nacho Cheese flavor)
- lasagna pan.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size chunks, place into a frying pan and cook on high temp to cause them to brown
- Place the cream of chicken soup, 2 containers of sour cream into a mixing bowl
- Open one of the bags of DORITOS® (taste a few of them first–to make sure they’re good, and also for a quick snack), crush them in the bag (almost-crumb-like).
- Gradually dump DORITOS® into the mixing bowl (wih cream of chicken and sour cream)–slowly stirring the mixture until the bag is completely empty.
- Open the other bag of DORITOS® and pour half of them into the empty DORITOS® bag, crush them to the crumb-like state, and stir the half-bag into the mixture.
- Spray cooking spray (or use a little cooking oil) in the bottom of the lasagna pan–to cut down on sticking.
- Place what you have mixed into the mixing bowl in the pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Be sure to leave about 1/4 inch of space from the rim of the pan (as long as you spread your mixture out evenly, and use all of the ingredients–it shouldn’t be a problem).
- Spread your 4 cups of cheese on top, spreading it all out evenly.
- Put the pan in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let stand for 5 minutes, (I just dig right in, as I’m just that kind of a guy!)
Now, it’s a little on the fattening side. So, if you want to use low-fat sour cream and cream-of-chicken soup, as well as Baked Doritos, go for it. My buddy, Tim, does it this way; and he really likes it.
This is just how I like to make it. Feel free to add your own touch. Any way, it’s yummy, easy goodness…
You must be logged in to post a comment.