BBQ Pulled Pork
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 25 minutes
Number of servings: 10
- 10 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pound boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup low-calorie barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Line the slow cooker, for easy clean-up.
- Trim fat from meat, and cut in pieces that will fit in your slow cooker.
- Add onions and water to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and 1/4 tsp cumin.
- Rub the mixture into meat, and add meat to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- Combine remaining cumin with barbecue sauce, vinegar, ginger and honey.
- Remove the meat and onions from the slow cooker. (Pull it apart with two forks.)
- Sprinkle the sauce mixture; toss or work the mixture to cover.
- Scoop the pulled-pork mixture onto the buns (with onions, as desired)