We, here at Daddy Newbie Studios, were asked by the great guys/dads at the Life of Dad to become one of 25 Official Entrants in a contest to meet The Rock in either LA or NY– inspired by The Rocks Super Bowl spot #SuperMilkMan.
I have to say… When asked to do this, I jumped at the idea:
- One because both boys drink tons of milk.
- And let’s face it, milk is pretty darn good for you.
Now, I know I’m probably supposed to say that I would love to meet The Rock, but (to be honest) I am all about kicking the tar out of my fellow dad bloggers. Beating them, and bragging about it for the next year = priceless. So, meeting The Rock and being a #SuperMilkMan–that all would just be icing on an already super-yummy cake.
Here’s Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson:
So, without further ado… The waiting is over!
That’s right, folks! The epic-summer movie everyone has been waiting for is here.
As part of our contest entry, we produce a superhero movie–that would make Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 look like a video shot by an amateur on Instagram.
So, with a $300 million dollar budget (minus the $300 million part) and a 90-day shooting schedule (more like a 9-minute shoot)–all this was shot on IMAX film format (well, it was a HD iPad mini camera). We were fortunate enough to have access to a massive wardrobe department (more like: an old shirt that the boys and I cut up for masks PLUS a few towels for capes).
The boys and I had a lot of fun doing this project.
It took a couple of days, and a few extra-glasses of milk, but we got through it. One of the stars of this video was a little hard to work with, as he had his own thoughts on what he wanted to do for filming. But, big brother was a trooper and keep this group together, and I am extremely proud of him.
E may have a career in film–with how well he acted in this. We also had great behind-the-scenes video and pics, so check them out on Instagram as well.
Here are a few of the films, by my fellow daddy bloggers:
- Daddy Grounded – http://daddysgrounded.com/2013/08/26/my-nephew-is-a-supermilkman/ – daddygrounded.com – Joel Gratcyk
- Dads Who Change Diapers – http://dadswhochangediapers.com/blog/i-am-supermilkman/ – DadsWhoChangeDiapers.com
- One SAHD – http://onesahd.com/supermilkman/ – OneSAHD.com – Trevor Mulligan
- Designer Daddy – http://designerdaddy.com/2013/08/supermilkman-to-the-rescue/ – DesignerDaddy.com – Brent Almond
- Daddy Doctrine – http://www.daddydoctrines.com/2013/08/26/can-supermilkman-stop-the-evil-robot-from-destroying-all-breakfasts/
- Tales from the Poop Deck – http://talesfromthepoopdeck.com/2013/08/1810/ – talesfromthepoopdeck.com – “The Captain”
- Dad on the Run – http://instagram.com/p/dh4_-dla29/ – Dadontherun.blogsot.com – Eric
Disclaimer: Life of Dad, LLC, compensated me for my participation as an Official Entrant in the #SuperMilkMan Contest. Please review my full Disclosure.