Making chocolate chip cookies is fun and easy to do. It is something you can do with your child anytime, and it also adds to your waistline. Of course, we do it for our children, right? It’s a tough sacrifice, but it has too be done! Chocolate chip (or M&M) cookies are always a great (and fun) activity that we love to do!
Here is what you need for that yummy chocolate chip goodness;
Recipe makes 2 dozen
- COOK 10 mins
- READY IN 20 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (we also love to substitute M&M’s sometimes!)
- 2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Then, stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips (or M&M’s).
- Drop the batter by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. (Don’t overbake.)
- Allow cookies to cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes (before moving them to a wire rack for complete cooling).