Here is something I think your children will like. I know the boys love this, and it is something they enjoy helping to make. You can even make these when you’re off camping. Here is what you’ll need…
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ready in: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 people
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 ripe bananas, sliced
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the sliced bananas. Gently stir until the flour is stirred in. Be careful not to overmix (over mixing makes the batter tough). Leave a few lumps for tender pancakes.
- Place your large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame and let the surface get hot. It’s hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
- Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan–to keep the pancakes from sticking.
- For each pancake, gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, using a ladle or a measuring cup. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle. (This is so up to you, and the size you want your pancakes to be)
- Bubbles will form in the batter. When they begin to pop, the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Turn over gently with the spatula and cook for about one minute on the flip side.